I believe in looking at the method below and applying it. It really helps us see the big picture. We all want to be in a position to excel and succeed. If you fail to prepare properly it will be tough to succeed. I am not saying it is impossible BUT it is going to make it that much harder for you. Be SMART with your 2014. Make some goals, track your progress, log in your workouts and you will see how much more successful you can be. The PURPOSE of TRAINING is to TRAIN with PURPOSE. GYM says so kids.
SPECIFICITY / GOALS
- Have something speciﬁc you are training for? This could be short term or long term.
- Run a 5k in 4 weeks or run a 10k in 3 months.
MEASURE / TEST
- Measurements and Tests allow us to track progress to see if training is working.
- Pre Test and Post Test
- Power – Vertical Jump
- Strength – Bench Press
- Endurance – 12 minute run
- Create goals that are challenging but reachable with proper training.
- If you never lifted weights do not expect to be a bodybuilder or world record holder anytime soon.
- Do your goals make sense for you?
- Do you have all that’s needed/required to achieve the goals?
- Training Environment
- Do you have the time to train for what you are trying to achieve?
- Do you have the hours in a day?
- Do you have the right amount of days in a week?
- Do you have enough weeks/months to prepare?